Our team at Texas Ski Ranch is excited to bring to the scene a new type of event, and we are hoping you will join us in an effort to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society by participating in our first annual Rugged Ranch Run! A 3k that will put your limits to the test- with 20 obstacles and challenges of all shapes and sizes- grab some friends and head out here to TSR. We are hoping to help raise awareness and support for the LLS mission of helping to find the cures for blood cancers, making the lives of their patients and families better. We want to help, but we can't do it without you!
There are plenty of options to sign up- whether you'd like to compete for one of the grand prizes in the competitive group of runners, or if you're hoping to bring a team of people to support someone you know, we have the perfect package for you. Sign up today to take advantage of our Early Bird Discounts!! (Discounts expire 11/10/17).
To register yourself or a team, click/download the sign-up document, fill out and bring with you to TSR. We are also happy to take registrations over the phone- just call (830) 627-2843. You can also sign-up to run online HERE.
All runners will be given a T-shirt upon completion of the race, and we even have trophies and prizes for some of our winners! All competitive runners have the opportunity to win 1st 2nd or 3rd place in FOUR different categories- kids (12 and under), Teens (13-18), Adult Men and Adult Women!
If you're not interested in competing, but want to come out and support our cause, bring a crew because we've got something for you, too. The participation wave of runners will begin roughly one hour after the competitors are released, and you can take the obstacle course completely at your own pace! Everyone wins, and if you're part of a team you have several opportunities to take home a trophy- including BIGGEST TEAM and FIRST [team] TO FINISH.
If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you! #runrugged
Stay tuned for more details and join our FaceBook event to get updates! Click here to access! If you are interested in participating as an event sponsor, or for any general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- What is this, exactly? Think "easy tough mudder" combined with "obstacle course". It's about 1.5 miles (3k) that you can take either at your own pace OR compete to win (we will have two different "phases" of runners). With 20 obstacles throughout the course on the property, it's the perfect opportunity to challenge yourself and put your limits to the test!
- Why should I run? Not only is this a great opportunity to explore your own abilities, but through our partnership with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, we are hoping to raise awareness about LLS, and a portion of our event proceeds will be donated to the foundation to benefit cancer patients and their families through difficult times. Show your support and help us bring as many participants out as possible!
- Can my family come watch/participate? YES! All ages 6 and up are welcome to participate- the obstacles will provide a challenge, and if it's a bit too intimidating we will have an "alternate challenge" at each one. The more the merrier, and remember you can take it at your own pace!
- What if I'm not a strong runner? That's ok! As mentioned above, the "race" portion will happen in a competitive phase at the beginning of the morning. If you are more interested in coming out to participate and show your support for LLS and help raise awareness, join us with a team or as an individual to come and challenge yourself to the course.
- How do I sign up?? To register yourself or a team, click/download the sign-up document, fill out and bring with you to TSR. We are also happy to take registrations over the phone- just call (830) 627-2843. You can also sign-up to run online HERE.